Friday, 14 January 2011

First Week!


Peanut Butter Cheesecake

Nigella says this has a 'palate-clagging heaviness', which frankly, sounds like a medical condition. It is however, a desert which contains both peanut butter and chocolate. As a Reeses cups addict, I did not need much persuasion to get this one underway. It does need a lot of ingredients, it became clear once I started making it that Nigella does not do half-fat cream, or skimp on filling. I may end up a lot 'curvier' a few weeks into this year. This Cheesecake was in essence really easy to make, I've never done a baked one before, but I'll make one again! It's just a case of crushing biscuits, peanuts and butter, as standard, beating all the soft fillings together and baking it for about forty minutes, then sticking it back in the oven with a chocolate topping on. Putting chocolate in the oven never seems right, but it works. Perfectly actually. Putting sour cream in the mix makes it just a little bit less heavy, although this isnt something you'd eat a fat slice of. I did, the leftovers in the fridge were too tempting when I couldn't be bothered to have something proper to eat. Don't eat too much, you can physically feel how unhealthy it is. That doesnt mean it's a wonderful thing, I was sceptical of putting nearly a whole jar of peanut butter into the mix, but it goes. I dont think it's something I'll be making for the fam again, I got such a whining at from Harry, my youngest brother and peanut phobe because I didnt tell him there were peanuts in it until he'd eaten and liked it. I think hurt pride more than disgusted taste buds. My Dad also threw his toys because he didnt like it. But we did have a tiff earlier in the day. Mumma liked it!

No comments:

Post a Comment