Friday, 14 January 2011
Week three, visibly fatter already.
Anyone would say, from watching her and reading her, Nigella really has a love for food. Has anyone ever ever heard Nigella say 'calorie' or 'saturated fat'? No. Im scared to say her attitude is rubbing off on me, something I never thought would happen, being a careful calorie counter and breakfast skipper. Having exams coming up as well, im eating my stress! Therefore, I'm making my recipe this week for someone other than myself. It's my Grandad's Birthday this week, and being a stingy, borderline skint young lady, I'm using up the ludicrous amount of chocolate and crap in my house after christmas. Grandad loves anything that isn't good for him at all. Honeycomb, Dark Chocolate, Cream and salted peanuts being his major food groups, outside of meat, meat and meat that is. So, when initally I read the recipe for 'sweet and salty crunch nut bars' I thought 'scooore, birthday present sorted!'. Nigella says this is the Kitchen equivalent of crack cocaine, and despite my limited experience with crack cocaine,I think I agree. I actually, amazingly managed to multitask and make Ribo his tea whilst doing this. It's a bit of a doss recipe, just melting a load of chocolate and butter and syrup and then putting the crunchy bits in. Crunching up crunchies is oddly satisying, nice stress relief following a bad driving lesson (nearly hit a Porsche, think I had an Aneurysm) and really hard exam (Can always retake a retake). Nevermind, I have a big beautiful present for a very hard person to shop for. I haven't licked a spoon in a long time, but this warranted it. We'll just have to wait and see if it's appreciated.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment