
Mexican Lasagne
One week in and I've already cheated Nigella. I'm sorry. The recipe states 800g (two tins) of black beans. I got the black beans, drained on tin, put it in a bowl with the pre drained Sweetcorn and thought bleugh. No way was I putting the second tin in, so I swapped it for a tin of kidney beans, which looked way more appealing. Bright purple beans will always look better as well. The salsa was hugely easy to make, and so was the filling, which was just mixing beans and cheese ( a lot of cheese- a lot of lot of lot of cheese). The hardest bit was assembling the whole thing, even Nigella admits it's 'snug' in it's little dish. I had an even littler dish than Nigella, the result being a little leaning tower of Pisa, I'm incredibly proud it didnt end up on the floor. Tricky as it is, it does taste insane, which may be due to the 250g of cheese on used throughout the recipe, it doesnt sound a lot, but it really is. The top goes all crispy and lovely, with the middle staying all soft and squishy. Haribo, my worst critic, called it Pizza pie, which describes it a lot better than lasagne. It is, a six inch deep pizza. I ate a piece in my lunchbox the day after I made it, and it was just lovely cold too. Nigella states she eats it with an avocado salsa, but I didnt make this, mainly because I really really really hate avocado. REALLY hate it. Maybe I'll get over it by the end of the year.
No comments:
Post a Comment